Brussel's Jabotacaba Indoor Bonsai Tree

Monday, September 22, 2008



From Brussel's Bonsai


The Jabotacaba has unusually smooth bark similar to the crepe myrtle bonsai. Its delicate branching supports a full canopy of small, elegant, light-green leaves. This tree is five years old, 10 to 14 inches tall, and comes in a 14-inch, glazed, oval pot. Every tree order includes specific growing instructions.

The occasional negative reviews this company gets dumbfound me. I suspect they are from people who couldn't grow a weed on a compost pile, and who are shocked to learn that trees in pots require watering, feeding, and so forth. Anyone who kills a Brussel's tree is just plain inept and has no one to blame but himself. I say that from experience, because in my haste to repot one of the trees, I failed to do my homework and trimmed too much of the roots. Fortunately, the tree loves life, and after its initial outrage, it decided to forgive me and grow despite my bungling. Live and learn.

0 comments: